Join us in these
Here are 10 of the ideas from
100 New Profits+Plus ideas for Power Managing
1. Face the merchandise. All merchandise should be arranged on
your shelves so that the front of the product is what your customer sees first.
2. When completing a cash sale, always instruct your staff to count the money given by a customer. Say the amount to the customer and then lay the cash tendered on the drawer. Put away the tendered money only after the customer has put their change away.
3. Assign departments to your employees for maintenance and development. Display a sign that denotes the department and the person in charge. Have a quarterly open house and party that is only for employees and their families so employees can show off their effort.
4. Allocate a set number of hours that you are willing to spend with sales representatives during each week. Ask them to call for an appointment if they need more than 15 minutes to see you.
5. If your business has more than one entrance, you should make a practice of alternating the entrance you use. This will allow you to observe how people see the various exteriors of your business as well as assist in controlling internal and external theft by making your actions harder to anticipate by a thief.
6. When selling something that has written instructions,take the time to review them with the customer.
7. Before each of your staff meetings, give one of your employees $25 to spend in one of your competitor's stores. Allow them to keep the item(s) purchased, but require them to show the purchase to your staff at a sales meeting, explaining their experience in shopping the competition.
8. Inventory turnover is a financial ratio that shows how many times per year you are selling your inventory.
Cost of goods sold/Average inventory = Inventory turnover
9. Provide special parking places nearest your business for families with small children. Make sure the space allows the family to take the easiest and safest route from their car to the entrance of your business.
10. Remind your employees about making the add on sale. Place HiSam stickers about your business. Have I Sold Additional Merchandise?